Do you know that every single bite you take affects your body? Well, you might underestimate the effect of food on your body, but believe it goes a long way. People that live healthily follow healthy diet plans. And many people with certain conditions got it as a result of the foods that are consumed over a long period. People that have glowing and beautiful skin didn’t just get it overnight. The hard work they put into their diet paid off. That’s why today we’ll be looking at some of the best anti-aging foods you can try out.
When it comes to the aging process one way to handle it is with the food you eat. There’s no doubt that this process can’t be stopped. But it can be slowed down. With the kind of food you eat, you can slow down the aging process. Anti-aging foods are usually foods that are rich in antioxidants. These foods are loaded with nutrients that can improve the health of your skin, brain, and heart. So if you want that glow even when the aging process is beginning to set in opt for the foods listed below.
13 Anti-Aging Foods to Opt For
- Watercress: This leafy green is one vegetable loaded with nutrients. The health benefits that come with this vegetable are simply mind-blowing. You get nutrients like potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, vitamin A, C, B1, and B2 and vitamin K. This vegetable is a skin antiseptic. It increases the circulation and also the delivery of minerals in the body. It also contains antioxidants that help fight against free radicals in the body. This is what helps remove wrinkles and keep the fine lines.
- Papaya: This fruit is loaded with antioxidants. It contains many vitamins and minerals. And they all help improve the elasticity of the skin. They also help reduce wrinkles. The nutrients gotten from this fruit are magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins A, C, E, K, and B vitamins. This fruit contains an enzyme called papain. And papain provides anti-aging benefits.
- Red bell pepper: They are well-loaded with antioxidants. And antioxidants are very important when it comes to anti-aging. Also, they contain a high amount of vitamin C. And vitamin C is important for the production of collagen. The antioxidants present in a bell pepper is known as carotenoids. And carotenoids have anti-inflammatory properties. Which is great for skin health.
- Broccoli: They are also anti-inflammatory which makes them anti-aging. They contain fiber, folate, calcium, lutein, and vitamin C and K. Vitamin C present in broccoli are important for forming collagen. That’s important for skin elasticity and strength.
- Blueberries: They contain an antioxidant known as anthocyanin. They are also rich in vitamin C and vitamin A. The antioxidants help protect the skin from being damaged. It also helps prevent the loss of collagen.
- Spinach: This is a very popular vegetable that’s rich in antioxidants and nutrients. It’s super hydrating and at the same time replenishes the whole body. It’s rich in lutein, heme iron, magnesium, and vitamins A, C, E, and K. Vitamin A helps in improving the strength of the hair. While vitamin K helps in reducing inflammation in the body.
- Avocados: They rich in many essential nutrients needed by the body. And these nutrients may help in slowing down the aging process. They contain B vitamins, vitamin K, E, A, and C. The vitamin A present here helps with the shedding of dead cells. This makes your skin look glowing and fresh.
- Nuts: Most nuts contain a good amount of vitamin E. Almonds are one of the greatest sources. They help with repairing tissue, maintaining the moisture of the skin, and preventing damage to the skin.
- Sweet potatoes: The antioxidant present in sweet potatoes is beta-carotene. And this antioxidant is usually converted to vitamin A. They may help improve the elasticity of the skin and even improve the turnover of the skin. With this, the skin would look soft and young. It also contains vitamin C and vitamin E and this two help protect the body against free radicals.
- Pomegranate seeds: This is a fruit that’s a healing medicinal fruit. It’s high in antioxidants and vitamin C. It also helps protect the body against free radicals. They also help reduce inflammation in the body. This fruit contains punicalagin that helps in preserving collagen. And with this, it slows down the aging process.
- Pineapples: It’s rich in manganese. Manganese is important for the activation of an enzyme known as prolidase. Prolidase is the enzyme that produces amino acid proline. Proline is needed for the formation of collagen which is important for skin elasticity and strength.
- Carrots: They are very rich in vitamin A. And vitamin A is important for the restoration and regeneration of damaged collagen. Once collagen is restored and regenerated then the strength and elasticity of the skin can be guaranteed.
- Turmeric: One of the best spices you can use for cooking. It has great health benefits like repairing damaged cells, slowing aging, and preventing chronic diseases. It contains curcumin, which helps prevent the shortening of telomeres. The shortening of telomeres is believed to be the cause of some degenerative diseases and even aging.
Other Things You Can Do to Slow Down Aging
It’s no news that a well-balanced healthy diet helps slow down aging. But is that all there is to slow down the aging process? Of course not! There are a few other things you can do. They are:
- Doing exercise regularly
- Reduce exposure to direct sunlight
- Drink less alcohol
- Wash your face at least twice a day especially after sweating profusely
- Use a facial moisturizer daily
- Opt for good skincare products
Once you eat anti-aging foods it’s expected that you would start looking fresh. But to make your skin look a lot better, you have to follow these tips. It would not improve your skin health but your overall health. You would be able to stay in shape even when you’re getting older. So what are you waiting for? Go buy some if not all of those anti-aging foods.