The common notion is that the aging process only affects the skin. That’s not true. As a person gets old every cell in the body undergoes the aging process. Other changes aren’t visible because they are internal. But the most obvious is changes to the skin. The cells in the skin start to wrinkle when aging sets in. And people have come up with several ways as to how to manage this. There are anti-aging foods that you can eat that can improve skin health. There are also anti-aging supplements that you can use. That’s why today we’ll be having a quick at some of the best anti-aging supplements for skin in 2019. At least, when you want to go get your supplements you know which ones to look out for.
Many supplements out there have different components. They all say you should expect great results. But the truth is that a lot of these supplements aren’t as effective as they claim. That’s why choosing one anti-aging supplement can be a bit hard. The supplements that would be listed down here have been tested time and time again. And they have never failed in delivery. So you can put your mind at rest.
Effects of aging on the skin
The skin is an exposed organ that everyone can see. If some changes are going on in your body, your skin would be good proof as to what’s going on. The skin is constantly exposed to the sun, toxins, harsh weather, and a few other things. All in all these things affect the health of your skin in the long run.
For different people their skin changes in different ways. Apart from the normal aging process that affects the skin, there are other factors. Some of the factors are your diet, if you smoke, stress level, and skin routines. These factors would determine how a person’s skin would look as they age.
These are some of the changes that come as a person grows older:
- The skin becomes rougher.
- The skin starts to slack. This is when collagen and elastin present in the skin is being lost. When this happens the skin starts to hang loosely and sag.
- The epidermis starts to thin. And when this happens the skin becomes much transparent.
- The skin gets bruised easily. That’s because as we grow older the blood vessels become thinner.
- The skin gets fragile as we grow older. This happens when the epidermis and dermis layer join together.
Best Anti-Aging Supplements
- Hyaluronic acid: This is one substance that has great anti-aging properties. It’s naturally occurring in the body. It helps out with the lubrication of the eye sockets and joints. It’s also abundant in the skin. In the skin, it does the job of keeping the skin moist and plump. That’s why it’s great for your skin if you have dry skin or wrinkles.
- Cod liver oil: This oil is a great source of omega fatty acids. It’s also high in vitamin D and vitamin A. And these vitamins offer great anti-aging benefits. Omega fatty acids are antioxidants. And these antioxidants help prevent the effect of free radicals in the body. With this, there is a reduced effect of toxins on the skin. And this improves the health of the skin.
- Carnitine: It comes in two forms D-carnitine and L-carnitine. These two forms are great for anti-aging. They are important for cell metabolism. They are acclaimed to be a wonder anti-aging drug. Because of the effects, they have against the aging process. They help in regenerating and rejuvenating the cells in the skin. With this, your skin looks a lot better.
- Lysine: This is one amino acid that’s very important for the production of new cells. But the thing though is that it isn’t produced in the body. So you would have to get lysine from external sources like foods and supplements. It helps in the production of proteins such as collagen and elastin. And these two hormones are important for the health of your skin. So for that youthful appearance of your skin, this is one amino acid you should opt for.
- Idebenone: This is one powerful antioxidant that helps protect your skin. It is also very effective when it comes to removing wrinkles on your skin. Research has proven that this supplement is more effective than vitamin C, coQ10, and a few other anti-aging supplements for skin. It’s highly soluble in water. This way the body can tolerate it easily without any problem.
- L-cysteine: It acts as an antioxidant to prevent the aging process. The antioxidants that are present in l-cysteine helps in protecting the cell against cell damage. That way the cells of the skin live longer and are even more efficient as to reproduction. That’s why they help reduce wrinkles on the skin. And help in maintaining fine lines on the skin.
Things to look out for before purchasing any supplements for skin
- The purity of the product: You must confirm that the supplement you would be taking is safe and pure. There are some supplements whose purity level can’t be trusted. Make sure you ask around from people that have tried out that particular supplement. You can also take a look at the reviews. This would give you a thumbs-up as to whether you can opt for it or not.
- Effectiveness: Make sure that the supplement you’re getting is effective. Check if it has been well-tested and proven to be effective. You can also ask your doctor for advice. Your doctor would most likely have an idea as to whether the supplement you’re opting for isn’t a waste of time and money.
- Value: You don’t have to opt for very expensive products. There are many budget-friendly supplements for skin out there that are very effective. They would do almost the same job if not the same job as very expensive supplements. So make sure you check out for the best budget-friendly anti-aging supplements.
If you out for these things while buying your anti-aging supplement you can be sure you would get the best anti-aging supplements for skin.