Most commercialized anti-aging face moisturizers today are loaded with chemicals that may lead to allergic reactions or skin irritations. The good thing is you can make your own face moisturizer at home. The benefit of homemade face moisturizer for aging skin is that at least you can control what goes into your product. Thus, it gives you peace of mind that somehow it wouldn’t lead to side effects.
Homemade Face Moisturizer For Aging Skin
1. Coconut oil face moisturizer with shea butter
This particular recipe makes a half-cup which should last for about 12 weeks. Once it’s ready, you may now use them and apply topically in your face after cleansing it.
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Shea butter
- ¼ cup Almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E
- 2 tablespoons Beeswax
- You may also add essential oils in your mixtures such as lavender, cinnamon, or eucalyptus. Although they may
provide beneficial effects, you may opt not to use them if you’re sensitive to strong odors.
- Gather all the ingredients and put them in a jar.
- Then prepare a pot and fill it with 3 to 4 inches of water heated just below the boiling point.
- Place the jar in the pot without putting back its lid.
- Stir the mixture once in a while and allow it to sit there until the mixture solutes completely.
- After the previous process, remove the jar from the pot and place it in another jar then close the lids.
- Store it under room temperature and leave it there until the mixture hardens.
2. Rose and frankincense essential oils
This homemade moisturizer is gentle on the skin but has a potent amount of antioxidant that eliminates all harmful elements on the surface of your skin.
You can also save a lot of money on moisturizers on this recipe because you can use it for about one year.
- 15 drops Rose essential oil
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 1 cup Rosewater
- 2 tablespoon Avocado oil
- ¼ cup Meadowfoam seed oil
- ¼ teaspoon Saliguard PCG
- 2 tablespoon Pomegranate seed oil
- half teaspoon Vitamin e
- 2 tablespoons Emulsifying wax NF
- 12 ounces glass container
- Place a glass cup on a medium-sized pot that’s halfway filled with water.
- The next step is to heat the oils (except vitamin e and essential oils) and emulsifying wax. Melt the wax completely.
- Heat the rose water in another apparatus.
- Pour the rosewater into the oil mixture once it reached the boiling point.
- For the next step, you should use a hand blender. Stir the oil and water mixture for one minute. Leave it for 15 minutes then stir again for 30 seconds.
- Repeat prior step until water no longer settles at the bottom of the container.
- Place the mixture under room temperature and leave it there until it’s cool.
- Add rose and frankincense essential oils and vitamin e into the solution.
- Add the ¼ cup of Saliguard PCG preservative with a dropper. Stir the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Place the finished product in a container and let sit it for 24 hours before you use it.
- Store your homemade facial moisturizer in a dry and cool area. Also, don’t expose the product under direct sunlight.
- Use the solution daily after you’ve washed your face.
You have to bear in mind the following reminders before trying any of the formula specified above:
- There are certain essential oils or any ingredient listed in this recipe that may cause allergic reactions. To ensure that none of the specified ingredients may cause allergic reactions, you may try a patch test before using them fully. Apply small portions on your wrist or neck then let it sit there for 24 hours if no rashes or side effects occurred then you may now use them daily.
- All apparatus and containers must be sterilized first before using them.
- You may want to refrain from using citrus oils. The reason for this is that they may cause phototoxicity. Also called photo-irritation, it’s over-sensitivity to sunlight causing skin irritation.
- Also, certain essential oils may not be safe during pregnancy. Thus, consult your local doctor which essential oils that may be suitable for your condition.
Top 5 Natural Anti-Aging Products In The Market
If you don’t have time making your own anti-aging solution, there are available products that you can use if you still want to go all-natural.
Listed below are only some examples:
Tula Probiotic Deep Wrinkle Serum
The ingredients used in this product contain probiotics that may help diminish fine lines and wrinkles from your skin. It’s desirable because considering that it has a creamy texture; the product is light and provides a silky sensation when applied to the face.
It also contains collagen peptides, retinol, and floral and fruit extracts that help the skin maintain hydration and make it look healthier and young-looking.
Tata Harper’s rebuilding moisturizer
Aside from being an effective moisturizer, it’s non-toxic and made from organic and all-natural ingredients. However, the only downside of the product is that it’s very expensive.
This moisturizer is especially known for its effective hydration effect on the facial skin. It can effectively absorb water, which means that it can provide plenty of moisture to the skin.
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer
It’s made from organic and all-natural compounds. This moisturizer contains large amounts of vitamin c and stem cells from certain types of fruits. These two ingredients are then infused to form a potent solution that helps smooth wrinkles and fine lines. It also contains antioxidant which is also a powerful anti-aging agent that may aid the reversal of the signs of aging.
Acure day cream
Ingredients used for this facial cream are pomegranate, chamomile, blackberry, rooibos leaf extract, rosehip, and calendula. The specified compounds are known to contain high levels of antioxidants. Also, it contains chlorella and guta kula stem cells which may help strengthen skin defenses against harmful elements.
It’s light and provides no greasy feeling. It also has a fruity odor that’ll surely lift your mood.